Friday, August 28, 2009

She is My Daughter

We went for Weezy's 4 month well-baby check-up today. Yes, (please don't harangue me) I realize that she is a month late. Punctuality has never been my strong suit and we were on vacation.

The appointment started with the usual rigmarole: height, weight, etc. (She is in the luscious 75% for both and perfectly proportioned.) Then the doctor listened to her heart (the murmur disappeared) and lungs (clear as a bell). She looked in her eyes, nose, and mouth (blue, adorable, and toothless). Then came the question/answer portion of the appointment:

Dr: "How's she sleeping?"
Gas: "Check out my eye-circles."

Dr: "How's she eating?"
Gas: (Pointed to the aforementioned luscious thighs.)

Dr: "Is she talking yet?"
Gas: (puzzled expression) I beg your pardon? She is only 5 months old.
Dr: (sighed patiently) "Yes, I realize that. (makes a note in her chart) I mean is she cooing, laughing, making noise?
Weezy: "Ghhhfs.. Brbrbrbrbr (motor boat noise) Brbrbrbrb... Mamamamama"
Gas: "Umm, yeah."
Weezy: Da!
Dr: I see! She really is a talker; she shouldn't be making consonant noises until 6 months. Wow, she is very advanced!"

Ha! Just Brakes' luck! The Weez inherited my verbosity. Poor guy is not going to be able to get a word in edgewise around here!

The Weez says: "Mada... Brbbrbrbr" Which I am pretty sure means, "Ciao!"

PS: We also had shots today. Baby took it like a trooper and Mom remained breezy and nonchalant the whole time. I am a little smug.

3 comments:

Mommy Moreno said...

SOOOOOO cute! Love love love the pig tails!!!!

minivan soapbox said...

Hated Hated Hated the well visit check ups! I was SOOO anal retentive about getting them almost TO THE DAY...until finally a nurse told me to CHILL THE HELL OUT. So, you're all good.

Sachiko said...

She is so cute!! I miss having small babies in my house. Enjoy each moment!