Monday, February 8, 2010

Announcement!

Brakes here again. I’m not sure how long you typically wait to tell this kind of thing? We waited about 3 months to announce our first born but this time around we are way too excited!

We always thought we’d plan this in advance, but sometimes life just happens.  Gas and I got drunk one night and, well, you’ve heard this story before…

We started trying last week, but it was a bust, so Auntie Diana came to babysit the Weez on Saturday and, with the splendor of adult-only time, Gas and I decided to give it one more go-round.   Not to get too graphic but it took several locations, frustration, and disappointment before we finally landed in the sweet-spot; Best Buy.  We were about to give up but, at the last minute, we spied the perfect one!  It looked so lonely all by itself. Apparently, another family had purchased it, but it wasn’t a good fit so they had to bring her back. Their loss was our gain; Gas and I were in love at first site!  So we bought the little beauty and excitedly left, in a hurry to introduce her to the rest of the B&G household. On the way home, I couldn’t help but feel a little overwhelmed with the amount of responsibility our new family member would be, but we were sure it was the right choice.

The next day I spend nearly 4 hours with her making sure she felt welcome and comfortable in her new home. I can’t lie, she did tinkle a bit at first, but I think we’ve housebroken her now.

Gas and I are pleased to announce the newest member of our family:

IMG_4941

The LG LDF6920ST Dishwasher.  Isn’t she pretty?  And yes, she will be expected to do some chores around the house.

9 comments:

Mrs.H said...

LOL! I so thought it was a pregnancy anouncement, lol.

It's a Beaut!

~RDJ~ said...

You tease! As the sole only child in the Johnson clan, I demand you impregnate your wife!

Nice dishwasher, though.

Brakes and Gas said...

RDJ- Bite your tongue!

XO,
Gas

Meghann said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amazing Zippered Woman said...

So am I supposed to now say, "I have three grandchildren." I guess I could elaborate with comments like, "No, this baby doesn't have much hair." and "They named her May Tag Johnson." and "She has the cutest nursery in a space next to the kitchen sink." (By the way, is Katie now nursing two babies?" Just how does that work?"

kiakai/Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

I am laughing out loud! Love the new dishwasher.
Kelly

Lindsy said...

Don't tease me! For a split second I was thinking, WTF?? Why am I finding out about this on your blog. LOL

minivan soapbox said...

OOOOHHH! AHHH! She's so pretty! Can I have her? Please? I'll take good care of her? You can have my old gross one that sounds like a jet airplane.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

You are pretty hilarious, woman!