Monday, May 3, 2010

Brakes’ Riddle

After painting knobs all day (sounds diry- its not.) on Valentines day, as you can imagine, I was a wee bit irritated. I may have pouted, whined, and sulked communicated my disappointment in a completely mature and appropriate way. Like most of my lectures helpful suggestions, I assumed that Brakes would blatantly ignore most likely forget my message. So you can imagine my total surprise when I woke up the following day to this: (after he had been up for hours with the baby, letting me sleep in! I know! How could I ever complain about this man?! Just wait- it gets better!)

Eloise 11 months 181

(I really should stop showing off my messy night stand!)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I looked across the room and saw this:

Eloise 11 months 182

In this kitchen I spied these:

Eloise 11 months 175

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The dining room bore this:

Eloise 11 months 174

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The living room was not left out:

Eloise 11 months 176

Eloise 11 months 177

Neither was Weezy’s room, both bathrooms, the garage, even the mother-in-law catacombs where the dogs sleep! Every where I went there were sweet yellow flowers clipped from our front yard (pretty sure they’re weeds but I love them just the same!) and every time I spotted a new vase Brakes and I would make out and Weezy would give me tender little kisses! It was loving, romantic, meaningful, and it made me feel adored and appreciated! A+ Brakes! I am so glad you are my little over-achiever and I apologize for underestimating your listening skills!

4 comments:

Tom said...

So, Brakes is finally connecting with his inner gardener! Tom and Nola, are you listening?

Sabreena said...

That is pretty creative and thoughtful for a dude. I think you have a keeper on your hands. Let's face it, any dad who facilitates the extra sleep of his wife is a keeper. The creative lovey stuff is icing on top of that cake.

Alison said...

So damn sweet!!! Nice work Brakes!!

Mommy Moreno said...

AWWWWWWWW~!!!!! Total keeper!