Monday, June 1, 2009

Weezy Cakes, Weezy Cake, Bakers Woman...

In honor of Weezy's favorite song/activity (Patty Cakes, Patty Cakes!), as well as a nod to Auntie Jasmina's notorious baking cycle, I deemed today Baking Day (specifically, cake baking day)! Last week on the nest the ladies were chatting about something delectable called, CocaCola Cake. You know me, always a sucker for an alliteration, so I knew I had to try it out, especially once I found out that you can substitute oil for soda-pop in most cake recipes. (Who knew!) Plus, we would be able to use up one of the three DietRites left over from Granmov's visit months ago. Brakes and I are not much of pop-drinkers; he knows the chemical makeup of pop and I prefer my Coke with rum and since Weezy is trying to lay off the sauce and I am her food-source, those DietRites have been fruitlessly taking up space in our refrigerator. So I picked up a vanilla cake mix at Trader Joes, (I know, I am a cheater.) grabbed one of Granmov's pops, and the Weez and I embarked upon our first culinary adventure together: Vanilla Coke (err... DietRite) Cake







Weezy was a big help! After it was all done we gave Daddy a taste test while Weezy and I finished off the rest of the Diet Rite. Delicious!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weezy is an excellent baker!

Anonymous said...

I think I can see the Virgin Mary in this cake.