Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Closing Day!

Brakes and I are closing on our lovgly  (lovely/ugly) little rancher today!  I would love to post a pic of the front, but it is sooo ugly that it wouldn’t be difficult to find if you searched the recently sold list in Northern California.  Brakes is certain we have stalkers (I told him not to flatter himself) but I like to try to respect his wishes (occasionally).  As soon as we disguise it with a coat of paint and perhaps some yard art (fall decor?)  I’ll post our “after”.  Until then feast your eyes on what I’ll be doing for probably the next 24 hours strait:

imageimageimage Removing paneling, ripping down wall-paper, and yanking down curtains!

(please note that these are pictures from the appraisal, with the seller’s stuff, though I would not cry if he left the fancy-pants potty lid.)

Is it strange that I am super excited to get my hands dirty (I know all you sage old renovators are rolling your eyes at my naivety and enthusiasm)?

Wish us luck!

PS: Can I please take a moment to thank my amazing husband who guided us down this path frugally and thoughtfully at every turn?  Its true I may have wanted to punch his lights out a time or two, but my Bargain Man got us exactly the house we wanted at the price we wanted!  I am so proud of (and in love with) you, B!

6 comments:

Sabreena said...

Congratulations!!! I know how you feel. About two and a half years ago we decided to add onto our home to make room for my youngest and we just finished last year. I have pics of my boys playing on concrete floors and the room we came home to from the hospital was the extra room we had just built since our master was still torn up.I even had to breast feed in front of our construction crew at times. They had been there since the beginning of the pregnancy so they were respectful. My advice is to keep your sense of humor and soldier on when renovating. I hope the house becomes all that you want and more.

SmartAssMom said...

1) I'm requesting a post dedicated to what that toilet does. There are buttons!
2) I hope Gas doesn't feel like I'm a stalker, what with my crush comments and the like.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to help with everything! Does Breaks know that my back-up plan is to live in your huge new basement? Love, Di

Marllette said...

WOOOOOO! Congratulations! Now where is that demolition muu muu and your cowgirl hat...?

Jessica Interiors, Etc. said...

Congratulations! My husband was a professional graduate student, so we didn't get our first home until I was in my forties...had a great deal of catching up to do....
You and your beautiful, little family will make your "starter home" lovely, with lots of challenges along the way, but always worth it!
I am intrigued by the toilet,as well.
As an inteior designer, I tell my clients that renovation and building is like eating an elephant..."one bite at a time"..don't get discouraged!

minivan soapbox said...

I am SO happy for you! As much as it kills my husband - I love moving - and re-doing stuff and putting "my stamp" on it. Good luck - I know you'll be busy - and loving it!