Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Nightstand and Other Important Updates

Our nightstand issues have been an ongoing saga on the blog. They first debuted in this post, where I detailed how I effectively demolished mine in my new-baby-sleep-deprived state. We referenced them again here, when I lamented how Eloise loves to “reorganize” my nightstand and spread our valuables all over the house. Which valuables you ask? Why these, of course; Brakes’ Best Bargain of the Year! We all know that those valuables are VERY important!

Understanding the value of our valuables, and tired of finding them hidden in often-embarrassing places, Brakes gave me the okay to go ahead and purchase some new nightstands.

After a quick debate about budget, I sped to the only store that could possibly meet my style objectives and Brakes’ financial parameters; Good Ole Salvation Army. My budget of $25 may have seemed a little ambitious even for SA, but I happened to go on 50% off furniture day so in no time at all I scooped up some savagely gently used, solid wood kindling antiques. Brakes’ was a very cool end table with rounded edges and deco accents. For me, I chose a vintage sewing table with wobbly legs, but oodles of charm. I was confident that with a little love these beauties would shine (and keep Eloise out of our crap)!

And they did!

summer 10 030summer 10 048summer 10 053

I love the storage solutions they provide and how well they complement the other parts of our room. Plus, with the addition of some handy-dandy baby locks, they keep our valuables protected and out of sight…

Too out of sight as it turns out…

Big SisterBig Sister - Copy

Shortly after we finished the nightstands, Brakes and I embarked on another DIY project. We call this one Take Two! II will hopefully debut at the end of April!

8 comments:

Mrs. T said...

Congratulations!

Teisha said...

The nightstands are fabulous!

Also, congrats!

Movy said...

The world is sooooooooo glad you're blogging again. See you this afternoon. WooHoo.

Love, Movy

Alison said...

LOVE the onesie!!!

Stefanie K. said...

Congratulations!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

yes, we LOVE that you are blogging again, and so excited to meet the next little one in April. Bc, as you know, April babies are VERY cool people!!!! : )

Eva said...

awesome nightstands!! i love em.
and also congratulations! :)

http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

crazy bunny lady said...

Congratulations on your fab bargain hunting and...er... other successful activities! ;)